Before we jump into our review of the best razors for shaving head, let me first share an anecdote. I was talking to a friend’s 10-year kid once, and he asked me why his Dad was balding? I thought about it for a moment, and then I told him that balding is a sign of genius. Meaning, the less hair you have, the more likely you are a big thinker.
He laughed it off, and then after a moment of introspection, he looks up at me and he says, “Wow, so that’s why girls have so much hair.” We laughed and laughed. Rest assured, that kid is now my favorite out of all his siblings. It takes a certain kind of genius to make that connection.
We have researched many head shavers and have compiled this list to help you choose the best razor for shaving head. Here at instant grooming, we take pride in our work in helping guys build confidence with the right grooming moves! Remember, women like a proactive man, and taking the initiative to shave your head is considered a very confident move.
- Why Should You Trust Us
- What exactly are Electric Head Shavers?
- What Kind of Product You should never buy?
- What else is Important When Choosing the best razor for shaving head?
- How We Picked and Tested
- Our Top Five Product List
- Our Pick: Braun Series 7 790cc Cordless Electric Foil Shaver for Men with Clean and Charge Station
- Advanced Pick: Panasonic ES-LV81-K Are5
- Budget Pick: Remington HC4250 Shortcut Pro Self-Haircut Kit
- Best for Beginners: HeadBlade ATX All Terrain Head Razor
- Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc4 Men’s Electric Razor, 4-Blade Cordless with Wet/Dry Shaver Convenience
- List of other products we tested
Why Should You Trust Us
For 4 years we have researched 40 mens head shavers, in order to find what we believe is the best razor. We intently tested 20 of these machines, to get a better feel of how the machine works and not depend solely on customer reviews. The list we are providing in this article are to help customers select the best quality machine.
We dedicated 55 hours of complete research, on the web and by personal usage to determine the positives and negatives of each one of the 20 choices. We have further included a copy of the research itself in an attached excel file; please take a look at it if you are curious about our method of judging each one of these choices completely for free.
Our main purpose in creating this list is not in order to show preference for one particular brand; rather it is to present what in our opinion should be the best razor for shaving head. We truly believe the machines in this list are the best machines for grooming a man’s head in a stylish and confidence inducing way.
Through a process of studying the most important features of each machine and the several reviews available, we picked the best shavers on the market. We are excited about this, because most of us here at instant grooming know the direct effects a well groomed head can produce.
What exactly are Electric Head Shavers?
Electric head shavers by definition are electric motor powered machines that help men remove unwanted hair from their head. In the past, bald heads were associated with low confidence and low self-esteem. Not anymore! People have become more progressive in their thinking, and because of that the baldest guys today score the hottest women. With this change in thinking, head shavers have become much more popular in recent times.
Electric head shavers present a feasible way in aiding men everywhere style and groom their own hair how they see fit. These are high powered machines that can remove any stumpy hair, or soft hairs just as easily. These shavers are meant for confident men or men aspiring to be confident in entirety. A man with bald head confident in his own skin, will always get the girl before a man with a full head of hair who is comfortable in his own skin.
What Kind of Product You should never buy?
- The products with bad shaving heads that cause nicks, scratches, and other forms of irritation on the head.
- Do not buy products that are not specifically for the head and are simply electric shavers. I cannot tell you how many times I bled from my head because I was using facial hair groomers for the head.
- Do not buy products that are overpriced. Usually the overpriced machines tend to be the worst ones as they boast of being high quality but only tend to disappoint.
- The best razor for shaving head is supposed to have a low level energy consumption rate unlike those that need high energy. These are products that do not last long on the battery life. I hate situations where I am in the middle of shaving and have to stop to recharge or replace a battery; it makes the process much less efficient than what is required.
What else is Important When Choosing the best razor for shaving head?
Electric male head shavers were created to counteract the dominance of manual razors, which had lasted for countless years. There is a great deal of hassle involved with using these manual razors. All of them require that you use some kind of gel, cream, or soap to better help remove the hairs as you like.
Electric hair shavers are more effective in this task, in that they do not require any kind of extra help to remove the unwanted hair. The key is that the electric hair shavers tend to roll up hair as they go along the set path, making it easier to pull hair out from the scalp. This is critical, because instead of shaving the same spot over and over again with the manual razor, you are able to shave more effectively within two or three moves. This is key as it prevents any kind of unnecessary contact between blades and skin which as we all know causes rashes, cuts, and nicks on a very sensitive area of the body.
Electric shavers are also cordless, which is very advantageous when you do not want to be limited in your movements. The cordless feature of these razors allow you to clip, cut, trim and shave in a more comfortable manner, without any restrictions. Needless to say this is an important feature for the best razor for shaving head.
There is much to be learned before using the electric head shaver though, because they are made to be so efficient, much care is needed when using them. One must watch carefully and pay attention to the movements when setting the razor on a path. For example it is important not to sink the blades too deep into your scalp or you will feel massive irritation.
How We Picked and Tested
We picked our top five head shavers by distilling down from a list of 40 products which we researched for over 4 years.
The real world testing we performed actually proved to be highly beneficial. There are several of these electric mens’ head shaving machines on the market. The consumer is expected to research each one before picking one; we eliminated the need for this time consuming project by testing these products on some select volunteers.
With a combination of these volunteers and the grooming experts we were able to clearly define which machines would stand up to our test. Is this machine durable? Does it cut efficiently and effectively? Are the blades conducive to a bleeding free shave? How does the design help with giving control the person shaving? How easy is it to clean this machine? Does the price reflect the full value of the electric head shaver? These are all questions we set out to answer with the our test.
Thankfully we eliminated this process for each individual consumer; meaning that there is no longer any need for you to waste your time choosing the best razor for shaving head. The volunteers gave us great feedback which helped us further distill down the date which is available for free in the attached report we have provided. They also helped us pick out some new areas to consider, for example, while some machines do cut efficiently and effectively, how comfortable the experience itself is, was something we now had to consider. You want the machine to be to effective, but not at the cost of making your shave uncomfortable.
Without further ado, we will here forth present the list of the 5 best machines we found based on: Value, Energy Conservation, Added Features, Design, and Efficiency. These five areas cover the most important aspects that each best head shaver must excel in.
Our Top Five Product List
We have analyzed 22 of the most important features for each of our chosen products. We further distilled that down to the five key aspects that really determine the success or failure of head shaving groomers. Our research remains open for our readers to peruse at your leisure. To access our free research results, we simply ask that you take the time to like, subscribe, and follow us on the various social media sites we provide below. You are able to freely read these data points in our research once you have done that. Join us on our social media sites for even more benefits as we share some of our thoughts on proper shaving etiquette, and other pertinent information regarding what it takes to make every shaving experience a good one.
For each product in our top five list we provide a small explanation of the reasoning why we chose that very product. We will then go on to detail the review of the product based on the five point system that serves to highlight the most important aspects of each product.
Why we chose this as our pick?
The Braun Series 7 790cc is our pick for best head hair remover machine on the market. There are several reasons why, which will be further detailed as we go along. This machine was picked because it not only passed our five point system, but was also recommended by the experts we aligned ourselves with. The following are some of the reasons why.
- We have analyzed 22 features for each product that we have selected. While this product does not possess the maximum number of positive features, it has the most relevant and important features by which we each of our shavers is critiqued. If you would take a look at our attached report, you will be able to verify that this product wins on the most important aspects. This machine is usable in wet or dry conditions as it runs on a lithium-ion battery which is fully charged in an hour; and provides 55 minutes of cordless high powered shaving. An attached LCD screen lets you know exactly how much time you have got in cordless mode, and also how many minutes before the charge is complete; making the charging process much more effective. With 2X OptiFoil technology, you are able to cut your hair as short as 0.05 millimeters for a closer shave than pst other products on the market.
- Our pick is slightly higher than most other products on the list, however it is worth every penny paid for it. As the clean, smooth and close to perfect shave it provides makes up for the price you pay for it.
- This machine also collected 30 positive reviews in a matter of 12 days, making it one of the most purchased and reviewed products on the market. The first 10 reviews came in 5 days, the next 10 in 3 days and the 10 left in 4 days. That is incredible because most shavers do not even get close in terms of frequency in ratings.
The real reason this machine blew the others out of the water is because of its Intelligent Sonic technology. This technology allows our best head shaver machine to self determine whether a particular patch needs more torque and adjusts automatically to match the difficulty of the shave. Making it a machine that is far above the others. That technology alone is enough to make it’s pricing justified.
Braun Series 7 790cc Review
Our pick is our pick because of what we consider to be an unmeasurable, an intangible. Meaning while it passes everything on our five key scale, it has something beyond those which makes it more amazing than the rest. The following is an honest review of this machine based on our five point scale.
Value: Taking one look at our research results in the attached Excel spreadsheet shows this product to be the most expensive. So why exactly is it our main pick? It is our belief here at Instant Grooming that this product, with all its added features is worth the price charged for it. Anyone with a budget between $140 and $160 should be able to purchase it. It is the highest priced electric head shaving machine on our list, however the price reflects the quality in this situation.
Energy Conservation: With a one hour charge, you are able to shave for 50 minutes. This is amongst the best battery strengths of all the ones we tested. The cordless time is critical because it determines the versatility of the machine. To be able to shave from anywhere without losing any power is a testament to the fantastic ability of this machine.
Added Features: The SmartShaver technology that comes with this machine allows it to automatically adjust to any problem spots on your shave. So that it raises torque for tougher hairs, making the shaving experience more consistent. Instead of having you, the shaver, press down further, the machine itself redirects energy for the best possible shaving solution.
Design: With the added 8-D contour adaptation, we know that this machine is able to reach any spot without a single problem. It allows the shaving blades to bend in any way conducive to making the shaving process more effective making it the best razor for shaving head. Customers praise this ability as they are able to reach any tough places.
Efficiency: Series 7 allows you to cut hair very closely to the root, while maintaining a gentle touch on the skin. This is critical for the best head shaver; you must get a clean and smooth shave while avoiding the usual nicks and scratches associated with shaving.
- Smart Shaver technology
- Cordless Run-time
- 8-D Contour
- Added Features
Why Is It Our Advanced Pick?
- Certainly cheaper than our own pick, this machine has some great advanced features that we look for. As you can see per our attached report, this machine cuts at about 14000 cycles per minute. Making it one of the more efficient cutters on our list.
- With the foil technology it ensures that all facets of your shaving area is covered without missing a single hair. Further it boasts 5 stainless steel, hypoallergenic NanoTech blades that give the closest possible shave; without much irritation or scratches. An impressive feat, as most experts agree that it is difficult to combine great power with great sensitivity.
- As the highest priced machine on our list, significantly more than our pick, this machine possesses amazing features. Making it worth the price paid for it. It cuts extremely closely, and it does so with precise sensitivity. This gentle giant approach is very difficult to pull off and the price is a reflection of the craftsmanship it took to make such a thing possible.
- This electric shaving machine, while certainly impressive, received reviews on a much slower frequency than our pick. However it received reviews on a much higher frequency in comparison to some of the others. It received 10 reviews in the first 3 months, 10 more reviews in one month and then its third 10 reviews in 2 months. Certainly not as impressive, however this is still a wonderful accomplishment.
Panasonic ES-LV81-K Are5 Review
This machine, while being the most highest priced on our list here gives enough value in features to justify what we may consider a ridiculous price for a shaver. Most customers who purchased this machine were proud of the ability it possessed; they argue that it is worth the price paid for it as it provides value in comfort and precision. The following is an honest review of this electric head shaver which we hope will help you make a decision.
Value: This machine provides several features which make it worth its price. The value of the high quality motor drive, the multi-fit arc blades, and the ability to use this machine in wet or dry conditions shines through in the price. The price is, we must admit, very high. However the makers of this machine put a lot of work into making it a winner in terms of effectiveness and efficiency. Making it worth the price paid for it.
Energy Conservation: It boasts a 45 minute cordless runtime, as you can see on our attached report. This places it behind our pick, but above many others on the market. This can be attributed to the ability of this machine to adjust accordingly to any tough conditions that might be faced. Also, the LCD attachment drains much energy. Overall, the energy conservation of this machine is somewhat average.
Added Features: The 10-stage Blue LCD display makes this a very competitive machine. Probably why it costs as much as it does. This LCD display tells you about the current status of the battery as well as suggestions on when to clean blades. This allows you to have a clean shave every time because there is never any leftover hairs from the previous shave.
Design: This machine boasts a Multi-Flex pivoting razor head that allows for close shaves as the blades glide over the desired shaving area rather than digging firmly into it. It also comes with a pop-up trimmer that gives you the ability to form crisp edge-ups for mustaches and beards. The combination of these two features means that you are able to shave closely and smoothly; and simultaneously make all the edges very crisp.
Efficiency: Let us look no further than the fast, linear motor drive that powers this machine to 14000 cycle per minute. This means hairs are being picked up and cut at an astonishing rate. This machine should leave the shaving area devoid of any hair within two back and forth movements. It is worth the price simply for this ability. A motor that automatically increases power level to help get rid of any tough hairs.
- Nanotech Blades
- LCD Display
- Pivoting Head
- Battery Conservation and usage
Why Is It Our Budget Pick?
- With the second lowest price of every machine we tested, we have picked the Remington HC4250 as our budget pick. It has the most positive features we researched amongst the products we tested that is not the Advanced Pick or Our Pick. It is second in cost and first in features; making it worthy of being our budget pick.
- It boasts an equal cordless runtime as Our pick, but what makes it better is that it comes with 8 amazing attachments that makes it a versatile machine in a number of ways. The blades are made in such a way that it provides high quality shaving experience without the hassle of irritation.
- This machine is possibly better than our advanced pick not only in terms of price but also in terms of frequency of reviews. It took months for our advanced pick to garner 30 reviews, however this machine received reviews on a much quicker scale than even our own pick. Within 8 days it had gained 30 reviews, making it one of the most popular machines on the market today.
- The cherry on top of the cake is the amazing inbuilt settings that are provided by this machine. It has an emergency charging setting that allows the user to shave even without having charged the battery. This is something that none of the other products we tested even comes close to; especially at the price it is sold for.
Remington HC4250 Shortcut Pro Self-Haircut Kit Review
Our budget pick clearly has more to do with value than it does with price. This is the best razor for shaving head touting a high quality performance at a very low price. In terms of value provided, no other machine comes even close in this category. Below is a review of this wonderful, low priced, high value machine detailing exactly how it performs on our infamous five point scale. Please feel free to take a look at our attached report to understand better the reasoning behind our budget pick.
Value: With a price under $60 and amazing list of added features provided by this machine, we know that it is worth every penny paid. The makers of this machine created a wonderful machine with the frugal spender in mind; knowing that lower priced items that offered higher value than most others on the market would succeed easily. We do not disagree. This machine is incredible and filled with features to the extent that we believe it should priced a great deal more than the current amount being asked for it.
Energy Conservation: This Lithium Powered machine boasts of more torque and more power. It provides up to 40 minutes of cordless run time after a 4 hour charge. This is clearly less effective than our pick. It also has a quick 5 minute charge function that gives you some leeway when you forget to charge it for 4 hours.
Added Features: With the additional 9 length combs that are included, you are able to shave down to the lowest level you wish without having to exert any further pressure. These attachments literally allow you to shave your head however you see fit; something most others cannot proudly speak of.
Design: The machine comes with a rubberized grip for ultimate control as well as palm control. These two features when combined properly guarantee that you will never make any accidental slips during shaving. This is something most people fear when shaving such a sensitive part of their body. This machine gives you the ultimate control over your shaving destiny.
Efficiency: This lithium powered machine boasts of amazing torque which means that you are shaving with a high powered machine that does not miss hairs. This added power boost allows you to shave the toughest hairs without much pressure. Making it comfortable and easy to use.
- Price and value
- Grips (Palm and Rubberized)
- 9 length combs
- Hypoallergenic blades suitable to the most sensitive skin types
- Battery Life
Why Is It Best for Beginners?
- Of all the products we researched and tested, we found that the HeadBlade, so simply named is probably the easiest machine to use. That is why it is our pick for the best for beginners. It fits firmly in the hand to give the user ultimate control for reaching any side of the shaving area you prefer. You have control when shaving from the head, to the neckline to the area around the ears.
- With the cutting edge stainless steel blades, this machine cuts precisely through all types of hair, whether difficult or soft. The manufacturers of this product created it with the beginner in mind and so the cost is also very small compared to most others on the market.
- This machine received its first 30 reviews at a rather interesting rate that we cannot call fast, but perhaps moderate rate. The first 9 days saw it receive its first 10 reviews, followed by 10 more in the next 3 months and another 10 more 3 months after that. So while it is still very popular, it is not on the level of either our budget pick or our own pick. In other words, this is the best razor for shaving head for the entry level users.
- With the extra wide curved blades, this machine not only reaches the toughest places while giving you a clean non irritating shave. Perfect for beginners who are still new to the process and would like to avoid shaving with too much pressure. This machine is powered in such a way that simply gliding over a patch of hair will cause its removal. Beginners must love this aspect of this manual head shaver as it requires the least amount of controlling to get the job done.
HeadBlade ATX All Terrain Head Razor Review
The HeadBlade is the only manual machine on this list. The following is a detailed review of the machine. Please let us know if it is helpful.
Value: This machine is the lowest priced out of all the machines on this list. It is a manual machine, which is reflected in the $10-$15 budget price. It offers a good comfortable shave that eliminates the “learning curve.” It is worth the price paid for it.
Energy Conservation: This machine is a manual machine that does not come with a battery. It can be used at any point without charging. This makes it one of the more convenient choices. It is a versatile machine, and works well for people who are new to the shaving game.
Added Features: It looks like a mini ATV which adds some aesthetic value to it. It allows you to shave all parts of the body including: face, legs, head, and back (if you can reach).
Design: This machine comes with comfortable grip and rubberized grip. Making it an easily controlled machine. It gives you a great deal of control, which is necessary to avoid any kind of accidental shaving mistakes.
Efficiency: The HeadBlade ATX was made to help you efficiently shave your head very precisely to your liking. It is also very easy and fun as it allows you to be entertained by the ATV look. This machine comes with multi-blade technology designed to help you shave quickly and easily.
- No Torque adjustment
The Panasonic ES-LA63 boasts an ergonomic design that allows the user to have complete control over the grooming process. Like all other Panasonic machines, you are able to even replace the blades on this electric head shaver. Making it not only affordable but also durable for years to come. The following review details how this machine performed as per our five point scaling system.
Value: At a price between $100 and $130 this machine is less expensive than our pick however it is more expensive than our budget pick. However it offers a list of amazing features that make up of the price paid for it. The value it provides is much more than the pice you will be paying for it.
Energy Conservation: This machine, according to customers, can last up to 4-5 years before being replaced. The battery life is a real problem area here because many customers also complain about the machine running out of battery too early on. In our research we found that this machine works extremely well for multiple uses up to at least 1-2 years before the battery will give out.
Added Features: The machine is usable in both wet and dry conditions, making it a great and versatile option for head hair grooming. This allows you to multitask, meaning you can shower and shave both at the same time. Too many of the machines we researched do not allow for use in wet conditions.That makes this product one of the more unique ones on the market.
Design: With the multi-flex pivoting head this machines allows the shaving head to reach every aspect of the shaving area. This allows your machine to pivot the head to fit any area and cut all hairs. It allows for a comfortable, close, and smooth shave.
Efficiency: The arc-shaving system with thin stainless steel foils help capture all hairs no matter how close to the root they may be. It cuts very precisely, and very smoothly. This machine is not the best one on the market, however it is much better than most products out there which is why it makes our list.
- Stainless Steel foil
- Precision shave
- Multi-flex pivoting head
- Battery Life
What to look forward to
Each of these products, in our opinion, is the best razor for shaving head offering great features at a reasonable price. However things are always getting better, so we know that there will be some advancements made in the future. We are always on the lookout for fantastic products that out-do all the machines we have on our list in terms of price and efficiency. We are especially interested in finding a replacement for all the highly priced products on our list as soon as we become aware of them. Innovation is the human way, so what has not been done today can certainly be done tomorrow. We will stay vigilant and on the trail to seek and research the best of the best.
Wrapping it Up
It is important for us to get enough sleep every day; as we all know, it is only during sleep that human beings experience growth. We should be able to sleep in rather than have to wake up early to shave our heads or groom other parts of our bodies. The point of this article is to help you pick a machine that cuts hair efficiently and effectively so that you can eliminate a lot of the time utilized for shaving and choose the best razor for shaving head.
The stainless steel blades make shaving so simple that it only takes a simple glide to remove a ton of hair. It allows you to enjoy the shaving experience even more, as it removes all tough hairs without much effort on your part. It is indeed a fantastic investment.
We hope that you enjoyed this list of the best head shavers on the market. Please feel free to let us know your experience with whichever one of these you pick. Please take a look at our attached report after subscribing to our social media pages.